My Wedding is Mine

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

you're so vain

I particularly want to ask this question to my sister Roberta who is one of the least vain people I know.

How much can I use this wedding as justification to do personal maintanance I've always wanted?

I'm planning on going on the wedding diet. This seems perfectly reasonable since everyone wants to look their best in their dress. But is it acceptable to get a personal trainer on top of that to meet me 2-3x a week to keep me on track? The trainer is a friend of john's that will likely give us a deal but what do y'all think?

What about getting a facial once a month for the three months before the wedding?

But the one I want to know most is whether it's acceptable for me to get my teeth whitened and/or fixing two teeth that braces were unable to conquer? I mean one needs to look at these photos for the rest of his/her life. I really don't want my teeth to clash with the dress.

is it too much? this seems the one time in my life I can justify this stuff - but am I overrationalizing so I can get pampered?

4 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger ms. AB said…

    do it.
    do everything.
    get laser hair removal.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Simon said…

    Yes, you are massively overrationalizing --but that's no reason not to do all these things. Just no boob-job so you can go strapless, please!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Bird said…

    Wow... and I thought you were going to ask if it was okay to get your makeup done on the wedding day...

    Everything but the teeth veneers seems like bridal wedding basics... but watch out-- this stuff ADDS UP and I don't think you can finesse "personal trainer" into Dad's excel sheet!

    Choose wisely, choose wisely!

    Concerning hte once a month facial-- DEFINETELY! I was getting a facial once a month until about six months ago (and the only reason I stopped that was because those funds went toward proactiv-- which works SO much better!). Apparently I am far more vain than you realize!! (however, it does help that I lived a lifetime in the BloomingHole, where an hour facial, pore cleansing, and massage was ~$50)

    Here is one important thing I learned, though: don't get a facial too close to the wedding date-- cosmotologists have a tendency to pick at any little imperfection, which can require up to two weeks of healing. Also, AVOID CHORLINE FOR AT LEAST 48 HOURS AFTER A DERMINAL ABRASION... that was DEFINETELY a lesson I learned the hard way. My face was a mess for a month!

    Happy pampering! :)

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger me said…

    just do it. you only get married once, right?

    ok, hopefully just this once.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home