My Wedding is Mine

Saturday, October 14, 2006

wedding flop

I'm wondering if any of you went to a "bad wedding"? Or a wedding in which parts were bad. As such I want to know what made the wedding bad.

I went to a wedding last year in which no one danced. that was weak. how do you get people on the floor? and how do I pick music without offending the blue hairs too much. During dinner I suppose one needs to play standards from the rat pack or jazz - yes?

Do I need to get a separate band for the early reception and switch to the dj?

I also went to a wedding with a 20's theme - which no one adhered to and didn't really cohere - plus they served absinthe which I found to be a bit much.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger vp said…

    I am going to have to insist on no chicken dance. I don't care if people beg for it. It makes my skin crawl.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger me said…

    i don t even know what the chicken dance is and my skin is already crawling.

    you should bring guys in like the characters in 'wedding crashers' and they will make sure the ladies dance. it would be like a covert cruise director.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger vp said…

    club - you have such good ideas.

    I believe that simon should be put in charge of everything.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger ms. AB said…

    yeah, one of the worst weddings ever involved not only the chicken dance, but the pig trough dance. not that i think you'd EVER stoop to those levels of white trash (at a wedding, the super bowl is a different story). at the same wedding the bride was "kidnapped" and held for "ransom". which meant the best man took her to a roller rink where they drank pitchers while the rest of the wedding party begged for cash for the newlyweds. can the "dollar dance" ever be done in a classy way? i doubt it.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger vp said…

    you're lying. that's not real.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger ms. AB said…

    swear to god, my cousin sissy's wedding. yes, sissy is for real. she lives in a double-wide.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home