My Wedding is Mine

Friday, September 01, 2006

blogging the wedding

upon the request of the vp, i have created a 'safe space' so that she may address, consult and moan about 'the wedding.'

i currently have no comments or assessments to make, since 'the wedding' is still in its nascent stages and i am still unwed, and hence, unable to relate or offer any sort of practical advice.

i would just like to confirm, not that this was an issue, that the reception WILL feature an open bar.

despite the fact i would be insulted otherwise (and i believe i speak for everyone), i salute this decision.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger ms. AB said…

    i could be the source of endless wedding tales from when my sister got married. but the one thing i learned from that experience was that the bride-to-be (and her maid of honor) will come to hate the phrase "well, at my wedding we ...." i will try to stick to either hilarious or horrifying digressions, where appropriate.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Bird said…

    I have played varying roles in six weddings and, if I have learned anything, it is this: the event always ends up costing you 50% more than the outer-limits of your budget. It is OBSCENE! The *average* wedding in the U.S. costs $20,000+... and, Nancy, just think how much yours will be with that open bar of Marianna's?!! ;)

    I am looking forward to this-- it will be very fun!

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Bird said…

    Um... is it just me or is John noticably absent from the membership list.. Does "my wedding is mine" imply that it is not his, too?

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger vp said…

    hmmm - I thought I invited john to the wedding - but maybe not.

    I'd like to point out that mariana chose the blob title by going to sloganizer.net.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Lady Z said…

    All hail the Sloganizer!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home